Friday 25 January 2019

101 Faces - 19

Almost finished. I have, tbh, got a bit bored with this now!

STUART SUTCLIFFE
It’s weird that there was a coolest Beatle who died and maybe his death was inadvertently caused by one of those Beatles.

IAN STEWART
It’s weird that there was another Rolling Stone who people didn’t see because he didn’t look right.

JAMELIA
I always rather liked Jamelia. I owned one of her albums when I usually wasn't much interested in R'n'B, it included a quirky co-write with Chris Martin, and was generally pretty good. Jamelia on Strictly explains the way racism works in Britain, also, as does Jamelia herself here ...  https://www.channel4.com/news/jamelia-on-media-coverage-my-white-counterparts-do-not-get-this-kind-of-abuse these racist times which think they're not racist anymore, cos how can they be?

ST VINCENT
St Vincent also joins things together, from here to there and everywhere. And she sings soulful sad songs disguised in futuristic cleverness.

JAMES YORKSTON

How do I represent how much I love the Scottish music? Must be Yorkston, his bitterly funny or beautiful songs, his trenchant lyricism. I think sometimes Yorkston, who I even look a tiny bit like, might have made me think that was something I could do when I grew up. Writing words, singing in hushed tone, jokes, melancholy. I tried to learn the guitar in my late 20s, and that quickly put paid to that. Yorkston, by the way, is a great guitarist.

No comments:

Post a Comment