Friday 11 October 2013

Songs to listen more to ...

I made a playlist, a really long one to listen to while working. It's proved a spectacular hit with me and is really too good not to share.
It's not my favourite songs, it's just the songs I went through and just really fancied listening to, or thought I ought to give more of a listen to.
Unusually for me, it's entirely devoid of self-consciousness. This is proved by the fact its 495 songs rather than 500. I struggle when things are not round or notable numbers.

I ought to make more of an effort to make the songs possible for you to listen to, but you wouldn't anyway, would you?

The only self-conscious act now is deciding how I filter my iTunes to produce the order in which you see the songs. This is important to me. Reverse alphabetical bands? Alphabetical songs? I've gone for Reverse Order of How Much They've Been Played in my iTunes History, so I suppose the least obvious ones are at the top, and my standards at the bottom.

I know no one will get even halfway through reading it, but still, it's a great list ...


Songs to Listen More To


1 comment:

  1. I also enjoy spinning through my itunes library to make these arbitrary lists of songs I feel like listening to at the moment. Alphabetical songs is the bane of my life, though. I keep nudging my ipod in my pocket and this is the default setting. I must have listened to the opening bars of A-ha's 'the shapes that go together' over 50 times in the last couple of years. Guess it's just as well I don't have any A1 on my machne. (does '1' come before '-' ? Who knows.)

    Stop reading halfway through?? I can't even load the list in the first place!

    ReplyDelete